Growing Our Beloved Community
• If you knew that people with diverse perspectives could engage in productive and enjoyable conversations, and do this reliably even on challenging social issues, would you want to learn more?
• If you could support others in becoming genuinely interested and curious about differences (instead of threatened and defensive) -- what difference would that make to you, and even more so, what difference would that make to the issues you care about?
In our intro evenings, we offer you and your group a taste of this work. Each of you gets to:
• feel heard
• share your own authentic perspectives without having to
• hear others' strongly-felt perspectives, without feeling personally attacked
• experience a co-creative, co-intelligent space, where differences contribute in a positive way to our evolving shared understanding
After a brief overview, the group nominates some possible social issues to explore. We choose a starting point, and engage in a facilitated conversation. Afterward, we debrief our experience together, and talk about possible applications. Below are some comments that participants have made about this work...
"It seemed we all felt moved to a different place, from where we started. I am feeling something moving in our consciousness. What has been stirred up, means that there will be a lot of experimentation. This work has depth."
"Reflecting on my own unconscious bias, and us-them nature, helps me become ‘part of the solution’. This was an opportunity to be faced with how to heal myself, so I can operate from greater integrity and wholeness."
"I see real value in this work for conflict resolution."
"This work creates depth with passion. Seeing it in others, feeling myself be moved – this activates me and gives me a sense of life again."
If you live in the New England area, and would like to host a gathering in your home or your community organization, let me know.